If you are a parent or adult interested in STEAM fields of learning for yourself or your child (Grades 6 - 12), we would love to get your input on how we should build our programs. Please click here to fill out our survey.
If you are a student in grades 6 through 12, interested in STEAM fields of learning, we would love to get your input on how we should build our programs. Please click here to fill out our survey.
Newsletter and Notifications
If you'd like to receive updates and news regarding our learning centre, please enter your email and press submit below. We do not share your information, and strictly use it for our own news distribution.
Circuit Tree wants to build a learning centre with a focus on teaching students STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) fields of study. We also want it to be a place for adults to update themselves on the fast paced technology that's ever changing. Below is a short list of the types of classes we would like to offer.
Microsoft Office Advanced
- An advanced look at the professional tools in the Microsoft Office Suite. Including but not limited to; Visio – professional diagraming and vector graphics software; Project –project management software; Access – for use of managing databases, as well as Publisher for the creation of design and marketing materials. This also includes the advanced use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
Photography and Photoshop
- Students will learn how to use a DSLR in a professional environment, including techniques like staging, lightning, poses, etc. Then learn the basic software tools used in post-production to elevate, enhance or modify their images.
Digital Illustration and Design
- Learn to draw, paint, sculpt digitally, creating your artwork in Photoshop or Illustrator using a digital tablet and pen.
- Introduction to the basics of programming using simple languages such as lua and python, by creating simple applications.
- Introductions to web development using HTML, CSS, and PHP. Create simple yet interactive websites, webpages, or animations.
- Introduction to Game Development for multiple platforms. This introduces students to programming in a 2D environment and engine.
- Introduction to app development through XCODE and iOS. Students will create an app for the iOS platform.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of an assembly programming language and build and program miniature robots for a specific function.
- An introduction to audio productions through the creation of SFX, looping audio, and track productions through digital tools.
- An introduction to film development. Students will learn how to use a camera, and how to compile their clips and shots in professional editing software.
- Students will learn the basics of creating environments and models in modelling software, as well as an introduction to tasks such as textures, lighting, voxels, etc.
- Learn to create, rig, and animate a varying type of 3D objects.
2D Animation and Illustration
- And introduction to 2D animation and illustration of digitally animated sprites.
AutoCAD Drafting and Engineering
- Learn the basics of AutoCAD and drafting of structures and basic engineering designs.